Architectural Conservation- Large Farmers House
Description: Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1890, incorporating fabric of earlier house, c.1800, to rear. Double-pitched and hipped slate roof with yellow brick chimney stacks with red brick bands and polygonal clay pots. Yellow brick walls laid in Flemish bond, roughcast rendered to rear. Square-headed window openings with granite sills, granite lintels and two-over-two timber sash windows. Segmental headed door opening with carved timber doorcase and replacement timber panelled door, c.1985, with sidelights and overlight. Interior not inspected. House is set back from road in own grounds; landscaped grounds to site; hedge boundary to site with iron gate. Stable complex to site, dated 1864, about a cobbled courtyard. Detached two-storey building to site with corrugated-iron roof.
Photos Prior to refurbishment
The brief is to carry out alterations to the house to make it a pleasant family house with good daylighting, spacious kitchen/dining area, additional bathroom space and incorporating a farm office
while maintaining the character of the protected structure.
Photos following refurbishment works